Friday, October 2, 2009

Not much to say this week...

It has been a crazy week at home, but nothing too exciting has happened at work. One of my kids started inclusion this week, yeah. He is spending an hour and a half in a general ed class for reading. I am still trying to figure out the best way to communicate with the teacher as far as progress and regular updates without being too annoying. I want her to know that I want to know what is going on and I am here to help, but I don't want to be a nuisance. Email would be so handy, but I can't check my email during the day because I have no internet. I can always write her when I get home, but I am a little annoyed at being expected to work on email items after my day is done. I spend so much of my time creating new activities and looking for new techniques, it would just be nice if they didn't think it was okay to just expect me to eat up more of my time.
My technology situation has not changed after eight weeks of school. Still no computer, no internet, still stuck in the dark ages. It is becomming a real hassle. I have IEPs to do and I have no access to the new SELPA forms. I sure do love my district :o)

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy for your student! It is always nice to see our kids doing inclusion. With the right support it could be very successful. Good luck with the teacher!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete